From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Texas Legislature authorized the creation of a school of public health in 1947, but did not appropriate funds for the school until 1967. The first class was admitted in the Fall of 1969, doubled in the second year and doubled again in the third year, with continued grwoth over the years since. The School is one of eight component institutions of The University of Texas at Houston (UTH) -- formerly known as The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. UTH brings together the School of Public Health, with the Medical School, the School of Nursing, the Dental Branch, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, the School of Health Information Sciences, the UT Harris County Psychiatric Center, and the Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine for the Prevention of Human Disease.The School's main campus is located in Houston's famed Texas Medical Center. It originally occupied rented and borrowed space in the Medical Center but today it occupies its own building plus regional extension campuses in San Antonio, El Paso, Dallas, and Brownsville.
This article is based on an article from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and is available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License.
In the Wikipedia there is a list with all authors of this article available.