From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Marie Sklodowska-Curie Institute of Oncology (Polish: Centrum Onkologii-Instytut im. Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie w Warszawie) in Warsaw was founded in 1932 as the Radium Institute by Maria Sklodowska-Curie herself in cooperation with the Polish Government (especially President Ignacy Moscicki). After the World War II, the Institute changed its name into Marie Sklodowska-Curie Institute of Oncology. Today, it works as a specialised health institute of the Polish Ministry of Health. It has also regional branches in Gliwice and Kraków.It is the leading and most specialized cancer research and treatment center in Poland. On one of the brick walls, it bears the Polish words--MARII SKŁODOWSKIEJ CURIE, W HOŁDZIE-- meaning, "In homage to Marie Sklowdowski Curie."
This article is based on an article from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and is available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License.
In the Wikipedia there is a list with all authors of this article available.